Patty Nation, Director of Global Corporate and Community Engagement at Xilinx talks about making a last impact on communities in Ireland. Xilinx is celebrating 10 years of community engagement in Ireland. Click here to see the full Xilinx case study.
Major employers not only bring business to a region, but influence the lives of employees, customers, suppliers and the local community. Donor Advised Funds provide a convenient, flexible way for your business to show it cares about its local community and build awareness about community needs. We can enable you and your staff to make a lasting impact at a grassroots level by identifying the very best projects for support. If your business has multiple sites, or offices, we can help you provide a consistent and tailored approach in each location.
Several companies have established their own named charitable funds with us in recent years, often with the involvement of employees, including a number of multi-national companies, many of whom have also worked with community foundations in other countries in which they also operate. We can administer the company’s charitable fund or budget and advise companies on the various options open to them both in raising funds such as payroll giving and also on how and where to allocate their funds through grant making.
Through investing in your community, you can reach new audiences, enhance business relationships and build loyalty with your employees and stakeholders. We will simplify your giving and strengthen the impact of your investments, transforming your efforts from responsive cheque writing to strategic philanthropy.
How it works
- Your company makes a gift to us – you can give cash, shares, property or other assets;
- We set up a special fund in your company’s name;
- Your company receives tax benefits in the year your gift is made, the company will claim a deduction for the charitable donation as if it were a trading expense;
- You (or a team of employees) recommend uses for the fund — working with our professional programme staff to support the causes and organisations you care about most;
- We hold a database of over 3,000 (and growing) charities, community and voluntary groups in every county in Ireland. We can also help match your company to great causes wherever you are;
- Your recommendations are presented to our Board for approval;
- We handle all the administrative details and issue grants to charities in the name of the fund you establish (if you prefer, grants can be made anonymously).
If you would like to see more examples of giving from our donors please click here.