Within The Community Foundation for Ireland, we see a growing interest in the concept of approaching charitable giving in a more strategic way. Individuals, families, corporates and other organisations are concerned to know if their charitable donations are making a difference. They are also interested in getting advice as to how to best invest the money they have available. They want to be facilitated to give effectively, with a minimum of bureaucracy but to the highest standards of governance. Families may also be thinking about how they might engage other family members in their giving. Perhaps most of all, people and organisations which have doing well often want to give something back and wish to see deep seated challenges facing Irish society addressed in such a way that their support makes a difference.
Giving through The Community Foundation for Ireland
The Community Foundation for Ireland helps people and organisations make a difference by making giving easy and by investing in people and solutions to benefit communities throughout Ireland. A fund with a community foundation gives flexibility, access to advice and expertise and relieves you of the administrative burden of receiving funding requests and making donations yourself. It also creates a significant cost and time saving compared with setting up a charitable foundation or trust. We provide tailored philanthropic advice, bespoke grant making programmes to ensure your donations are targeted at charities that make a real difference to the causes you care about, opportunities to visit projects and see your funding in action, as well as collaborative giving opportunities.
Ten Reasons to Give Through Us
- We empower people who want to make a difference through a model of philanthropy that is over 100 years old and which is based on trust, effectiveness and impact.
- Our professional staff are expert in grant making, philanthropy, community issues and local needs.
- We provide a highly personalised service tailored to each donor’s charitable and financial interests.
- We help people to invest in the causes they care about most and to optimise their charitable giving.
- We accept a wide variety of assets, and can facilitate many complex gifts
- We work closely with professional advisers to ensure effective approaches to charitable giving.
- We offer tax advantages for giving.
- We can increase the impact of donations by facilitating collaborating giving and the pooling of donations by thematic area such as the Older Persons’ Fund and the Women’s Fund.
- We build endowment funds that benefit our communities forever and help create personal legacies.
- We are community leaders, convening the relevant players and coordinating resources to address societal challenges and to create positive change.
To see a set of case studies on giving from our donors visit our case studies section here.
If you would like to talk to our Fund Development team about giving please call Jackie Harrison on 01 8747354 or email@example.com